The Sensory Human
What is a Sensory Human?
The development of the Self-Sensory System is one of the major themes of Yogi Bhajan's later lectures. The human mind processes more information in one day than people had to process during an entire lifetime in the 1700’s. People will be “getting empty, more perturbed, not able to bear enough, not having much tolerance, and very argumentative.” If we are not disciplined, we will be unable to handle the intense energy of these times.
In response to these demands, humans are beginning to evolve a sensory system that allows them to live as intuitive, multi-faceted beings. As we develop a subtle sensitivity to our being, we will experience a sense of completeness within ourselves and the energy that we once used to compensate for our perceived limitations and to get validation from outside, will be available to attract what we need to make our unique contribution to the world. As we establish a sense of our own identity, our destiny will be revealed to us.
We can cultivate our sensory system by consciously connecting to our breath, strengthening our nervous system, activating our glandular system, balancing our emotional energies, and channeling our mental energy to intuitive awareness.
Question: Why does it seem that time is moving more swiftly than ever?
Yogi Bhajan: “You think, think, think all the time. You don’t slow down enough to experience what happens in each moment. Then without you knowing it, time races by.” (Aquarian Times, Spring 2003)
Being aware enough to notice, silent enough to listen, and spontaneous enough to act, may be the key to living the gift each moment of life offers. Making our meditative practice real can move us from the one-dimensional state of reacting with our five senses to the multidimensional experience of responding with our sixth sense.
Wisdom from the Master
Kundalini Yoga Technology
From Our Bloggers
Your Archangel is your New Sensory System by Catalyst Yogi/Haribhajan
Cat’s Eye: The Gem of Transcendence by Hari Jiwan
The Next Step by Shakti Parwha Kaur
Yogi Bhajan on the Sensory System by Guru Rattana Kaur
Guru Nanak: Awakened Sensory Human by Guruka Singh
Hanging on by His Fingernails by Guruka Singh
You may also be interested in:
- Kundalini Yoga Bandhas and the Sensory Human
- Yogi Bhajan Lecture: The Sensory Human in the Aquarian Age
- The Self-Sensory System & the Transition from the Piscean to the Aquarian Age
- Meditation to Develop the Self-Sensory System
- Yogi Bhajan Lecture: You Are You. Enjoy It.
- The Bandhas—Gateways to Developing Core Strength, Sensitivity, and Subtlety
- Yogi Bhajan Lecture: “There is Nothing in Sex and without Sex there is Nothing”
- 3 Kriyas for the Aquarian Age
- The Conscious CEO (with Wahe Guru Kriya for Nervous Balance)
- Embracing the Sixth Sense of Economics
- 1 из 4